ASML 5500: Recovering from an Error
- Do NOT exit Task Streaming!
- If you exit the Task Streaming screen, the batch will not be able to be aborted, usually requiring a software reboot.
- If an "Abort Batch" Popup window appears:
- Click the "Help" button, and take photos of the error chain
- Click the "Help" button again, and write down timestamp of error in logbook/take screenshot - this helps an engineer analyze the log file.
- Choose "Abort Batch, Clear Litho Cluster" -
- This will send all your wafers through the stepper, from Port 1 → Port 2. Thus no wafers will be waiting for exposure. This is the easiest way to make sure all wafers are taken out of the machine.
- Wait for the task status to change from "Aborting" to "Aborted"
- Abort the Batch: Make sure all batches say "Aborted" or "Completed". If not, choose the task from the Task List, click Batch > "Abort". May need to also click Queue: Stop.
Your wafer(s) should be removed to Port #2, and the task should state "Aborted" on the task list. Only then is it safe to exit the Task Streaming screen.
Please make sure there are no tasks in the "Waiting" state - please abort/cancel these tasks before leaving the system, or the next user's wafers will be shot with your job!