Use this process for producing a 1-monolayer thick sticking layer on a surface prior to lithography. This material was designed to improve sticking of resist polymers to silicon oxide.
- Clean sample using appropriate lithography cleaning procedure.
- Set chuck spin speed to 4 krpm.
- Place sample on spinner chuck and pull vacuum.
- Coat wafer with HMDS using pipette.
- Let HMDS sit in a puddle on the surface for 20 seconds. This is necessary to allow the surface reaction to complete.
- Spin sample dry.
- Alternatively, place a small open beaker of HMDS along with your sample into an enclosed container and let sit for 20 minutes. This is a vapor coating technique.
- To remove an HMDS film, use oxygen plasma or UV-Ozone.