Mask Aligner / MJB 3 UV400
Karl Suss America, Inc.
P.O. Box 157
Waterbury Center, Vt. 05677
Phone: (802) 244-5181
Fax: (802) 244-5103
General Information and Usage:
We have three high-performance mask aligners for contact exposure processes. The resolution (depending on contact mode, optics and exposure wavelength and "operator technique") is into the submicron region. (See descriptions for our "L", "R" and "IR" units). Our left and IR units are configured for the near-UV window (365 and 405 nm). Using a filter, these two systems can be configured for I-line (350 nm) only, assisting in resolution. All units have the "vacuum contact" option extending resolution to ~0.7 microns. Higher resolution optic systems that can be supplied by Suss are given below. The standard soft and hard contact modes of mechanical and pneumatic pressure respectively, give resolution to ~1 micron. Exposures can be done on substrates from small "piece parts" of less than 1 cm square to substrates of 3 inch diameter or square. Special black chucks may be used for transparent materials. For backside alignment through opaque materials such as Si or GaAs, our IR aligner can be used and is described below. Masks up to 4 inches in size can be used although only 3” x 3” of this area is usable. A 4” wafer can be exposed with the system. However, only 3” x 3” will be exposed on the wafer and vacuum mode is unavailable.
- Wafer size: 3" max. for vacuum mode; 4” for soft contact (3” x 3” exposure area)
- Substrate size: 3" x 3" max.
- Wafer / substrate thickness: 0-4.5 mm
- Exposure optics:
- Left unit: 280-450 nm/200 W mercury lamp (can filter to 350 nm)
- Right unit: 350-450 nm/200 W mercury lamp
- IR unit: 280-450 nm/200 W mercury lamp (can filter to 350 nm)
- Additional manufacturer options (none installed on our systems):
- DUV (polychromatic): 240-260 nm/350 W Cd-Xe lamp; 0.2 micron resolution (PMMA)
- DUV (monochromatic): 248 nm/KrF excimer laser; 0.3 micron resolution (PMMA)
- 193 nm/ArF excimer laser; 0.2 micron resolution (PMMA)
- ±3% over 2" diameter
- ±5% over 3" diameter
Special Notes / Additional Comments:
Vacuum mode not available simultaneously with IR back-side alignment. For processes using this tool please go to the contact lithography process page.
Phone: (805) 893-3918 ext. 216